Monday, April 9, 2012

Bowerbird Bazaar

I've already told you about my mummy-daughter date with Sarah at the Bowerbird Bazaar and what a lovely time she had with the Planks... Well I wanted to share a couple of other great things we found there.

I was excited to meet some more Adelaide-based fabric designers - Surface Art. Their vintage inspired and contemporary fabric was right up my alley. They will be bringing out some quilting weight designs soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with!


There were tonnes of gorgeous stalls with countless handmade items, but this one really stood out for me -  Lino Girl. Kerry's hand painted porcelain was exquisite.


Gretel Girl was another highlight for Sarah and me. Her wares were so eclectic and quirky- check out her adorable hand printed and embroidered "Very Happy Pork". Tracy was so much fun - we chatted at length about how we pretended to be domestic goddesses, but really tried to avoid domestic tasks whenever we could. Sarah was absolutely delighted when Tracy gave her a little present.



Rebound Books had a cute idea - turn old books into notebooks and diaries...

 
and use the spines for bookmarks.


All of this hanging out at markets has inspired me to set up my first stall at a local market. If you're in the Adelaide area you can find me this Friday (13th April) at the Moonlight Markets at Thorndon Park. I'm busily sewing bits and peices to sell along side my quilt patterns.  I'm a little nervous, so please stop by and say 'hi'!

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine you being nervous - If I was in Australia, I'd be there in a shot! Relax and enjoy it - you'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I lived close ehough to come say hello!
    I love those Rebound Books, I saw some the same at a market up here and am kicking myself for not buying one! They are heaps more expensive on Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited surface art are going to do quilting cottons! I have a few pieces of their twill and the prints are just amazing! Good luck with your stall, wish I could come and say hi :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so fun! I wish there was such a market near me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post Kate. Good to see what is going on in the crafty world.:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com